Easy 5-Ingredient Wiener Schnitzel Cutlet Recipe Is a German Favorite by Donna John
When you hear Wiener Schnitzel, you may automatically think of Germany. And indeed, this delicious dish is a German favorite. But Wiener Schnitzel is actually the national dish of Austria. Don't let the schnitzel scare you! Wiener Schnitzel veal cutlets are quick and easy to prepare – and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Here's your quick shopping list for this delicious European classic: veal or beef cutlets, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs and cooking oil. You season the cutlets, dip them info the flour, egg and breadcrumbs, then fry them until golden brown. Easy and delicious!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless veal or beef cutlets, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- cooking oil, for frying
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free flour.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve with lemon slices, if desired.
- This recipe is great served with roasted potatoes or spaetzle.
- Store leftovers in a food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here’s how to make it:
- Pour enough oil in a large skillet to cover the bottom. Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Put the flour in a bowl. Put the eggs in another bowl. Put the breadcrumbs in yet another bowl.
- Season both sides of the veal cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dip the cutlets into the flour, then into the egg, then into the breadcrumbs. Coat both sides.
- Fry the cutlets in the hot oil about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Köstlich (German): tasty, delicious.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 21g
Saturated Fat: 2.9g
Total Carbohydrate: 26.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 1.5g
Vitamin D: 8mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.