Chef Adrianne Calvo's Miso Chicken Drumsticks Recipe With Maple Horseradish Pomegranate Glaze Is What's for Dinner by Chef Adrianne Calvo
Chicken drumsticks soaked in a miso marinade and then baked and coated with a maple and horseradish glaze. What's not to fall in love with?
Prep Time: 4 to 6 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes plus 4 to 6 hours to marinate
Servings: 4 appetizers or 2 main dish servings
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon horseradish (fresh or prepared horseradish)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds, plus more for garnish
- chives, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, rice wine vinegar and water to make a marinade. Put the drumsticks in the marinade and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry. Place the drumsticks on a nonstick baking sheet and cook 15 to 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook maple syrup, horseradish and pomegranate seeds in a pot over medium-high heat until thickened slightly, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the glaze to a bowl and toss the drumsticks in the glaze. Return to the oven and cook another 5 minutes to allow the glaze to adhere to the chicken. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chives. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Miso Paste $4 & Up
Light Soy Sauce $2 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Maple Syrup $5 & Up
Prepared Horseradish $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.