Chef Dan Giusti's Brigaid Cornbread Is a Sweet Addition to Any Meal by Chef Dan Giusti
Who doesn't love biting into a moist square of cornbread? Serve this easy cornbread recipe with barbecue chicken and potato salad for a kid-pleasing meal.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
Here's how to make it:
- Melt the butter and the honey in a pot. Set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Gently mix in eggs and then buttermilk. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the honey-butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray a 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour in the batter.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let rest for 30 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Honey $4 & Up
Cornmeal $2 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Canola Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.