Easy Asian Dumplings Recipe: How to Make Chinese Pork Dumplings at Home in 30 Minutes by Gwen Johnson
Pork dumplings are a must-have for many of us when dining out at Asian restaurants. But why just enjoy these tiny bundles of pork goodness at a restaurant when you can make them at home? Serve this easy pork dumplings recipe with sweet chili sauce or your favorite Chinese dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes per batch
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 25 gyoza wrappers or potsticker wrappers
- cabbage leaves, for steaming
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/8 cup minced cilantro
- 1/8 cup minced chives
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
Here’s how to make them:
- Combine all of the filling ingredients. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the filling onto the center of each wrapper. Use water to moisten the edges and fold up, twist and seal.
- Put cabbage leaves on the bottom of a steamer basket. Put a single layer of dumplings into the steamer, leaving at least 1 inch in between each dumpling. Steam, covered, about 8 minutes or until filling is cooked through. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Steamer Baskets $6 & Up
Chopsticks $5 & Up
Gyoza Wrappers $5 & Up
Rice Wine Vinegar $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $3 & Up
Chinese Five Spice Powder $3 & Up
Sweet Chili Sauce $3 & Up
Chinese Dipping Sauces $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.