Chocolate Cupcake Recipe With Chocolate Peppermint Icing: What Holiday Dreams Are Made Of by 30Seconds Food
These minty chocolate cupcakes with chocolate peppermint icing need to be on your table this holiday season. The holiday recipes starts with a box chocolate cake mix, and ends with a homemade peppermint icing and crushed peppermints. The chocolate cupcakes are super moist and the frosting super creamy. They are irresistible!
Make a batch of these chocolate cupcakes with white peppermint icing and display together. How pretty! These easy chocolate cupcakes are so festive and make a wonderful teacher gift or surprise for friends and family. Serve with a big mug of homemade hot chocolate.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 box (15 ounces) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peppermint syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or nut milk
- candy canes, crushed
Here’s how to make it:
- Make cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Melt the butter in a saucepot. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder. Add the peppermint syrup and powdered sugar, a 1/2 cup at a time, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add milk and continue beating until it's at a frosting consistency.
- Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.