Easy Frito Pie Mexican Casserole Recipe Is Crunchy, Creamy & Cheesy (Wow!) by 30Seconds Food
Corn chips in a pie? Absolutely! Whether you're dunking them into your favorite dip or eating them straight out of the bag, Fritos® corn chips are a fan favorite. This baked Frito pie recipe is a little different than other Mexican casserole recipes because of the addition of corn and sour cream.
This easy Mexican-inspired dinner recipe uses a combination of fresh and pantry ingredients: ground beef, onion, chili beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, cheddar cheese, corn chips, sour cream and green onions for garnish. You brown the beef then add the beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and half the cheese. Then you spread a cup of the corn chips on the bottom of a baking dish, pour the mixture over the top and bake it for 20 minutes. After removing from the oven, you spread the sour cream over the top, cover with more chips and cheese and bake for five more minutes. The result is a crunchy, creamy, cheesy and gluten-free corn chip casserole your family will love. Wow!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: Mexican / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups corn chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- chopped green onions, for garnish, if desired
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Baking Pan
- You could add some crushed red pepper flakes to enhance the flavors or add some heat.
- We like Fritos in this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite brand of corn chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Here’s how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion. Drain.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, corn, taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Spread 1 cup of the corn chips on the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking pan or casserole dish. Pour the chili mixture over the top. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the sour cream over the top. Cover with the remaining corn chips and cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more. Garnish with green onions before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 23.2g
Saturated Fat: 10.2g
Total Carbohydrate: 25.2g
Dietary Fiber: 4.9g
Total Sugars: 4.6g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.