Mexican Ground Beef Casserole Recipe With Tortilla Chips: An Easy 30-Minute Dinner by 30Seconds Food
Loaded with ground beef, corn and cheese, this drool-worthy Mexican casserole recipe is sure to be requested over and over again. The prep for this casserole is simple, and so are the ingredients.
The shopping list for this Mexican ground beef casserole is short and sweet: ground beef, onion, garlic, cream of mushroom soup, can corn, chopped green chiles, enchilada sauce tortilla chips and cheese. The ground beef is cooked with the onion and garlic before the cream of mushroom soup (adds creaminess), corn and chopped green chiles are stirred in. The beefy mixture is layered in a casserole dish with the chips, enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly. Done.
The ground beef casserole would be delicious with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole on top. To make it extra special, you could even add a can of drained black beans or pinto beans. So easy, and a mouth-watering Mexican dinner is ready in just about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican corn or whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 7 - 9 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese, cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- chopped green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the soup, corn and chopped green chiles. Mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Spread half of the meat mixture on the bottom of a baking dish. Top with half the chips, half the enchilada sauce and half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $10 & Up
Mexican Corn $2 & Up
Cream of Mushroom Soup $1 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
Enchilada Sauce $1 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.