Clean-Eating Mexican-Style Meatball Soup Recipe Is Fresh & Delish by 30Seconds Food
"Soup helps stretch the family dinner budget while filling up those bellies with fresh, whole-food ingredients you just made and carefully chose yourself," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog Clean Food Crush®.
Rachel often doubles this beef soup recipe because it tastes even better the next day and freezes well. This hearty soup recipe requires the following ingredients: ground beef, oatmeal flour, egg, oregano, ground cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder, olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, red bell pepper, diced tomatoes, black beans, chicken broth and fresh corn. The cilantro, jalapenos and lime are optional garnishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Cuisine: American / Mexican
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup oatmeal flour (gluten-free rolled oats ground pulsed or blended into flour)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste (about an 1/8 teaspoon each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jar (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken bone stock or chicken broth
- 2 fresh ears corn, corn cut from cobs
- fresh cilantro leaves
- sliced fresh jalapenos
- lime wedges and/or lime juice
- Mixing Spoon
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Airtight Containers
- Pepper Grinder
- Dutch Oven
- Wooden Spoon
- Rachel often doubles this recipe because it tastes even better the next day and freezes well.
- Serve with warm bread, if desired. Garnish with fresh jalapenos, lime wedges or cilantro, if you like.
- Store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop in a saucepot.
- This soup freezes well – keep some in reserve for a rainy (or snowy) day!
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine all of the meatball ingredients. Mix well. Take spoonfuls and roll into meatballs. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides (they do not have to be cooked through at this point).
- Add the onion, garlic, celery and bell pepper. Continue to cook until vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, black beans and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Stir in desired garnishes and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 9.5g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 49.2g
Dietary Fiber: 10.3g
Total Sugars: 6.2g
Vitamin D: 2mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.