10 Patriotic Desserts & Snacks for Memorial Day That Require Minimal Effort by 30Seconds Food
Need a patriotic dessert or snack to serve at your Memorial Day get-together but don't have a lot of time? Here are 10 red, white and blue ideas that are easy to make and will impress your guests:
1. Bake your favorite box cake mix in a 13x9-inch pan. Frost with white icing and use strawberries and blueberries to create a flag. If you want to get fancy, color a little of the icing with red food coloring and pipe around the edges.
5. Use cubed white cheese (feta, mozzarella, Swiss, white cheddar, etc.), cubed watermelon and blueberries to create a flag on a bed of baby arugula.
6. Bake cupcakes in patriotic cupcake liners and frost with white icing. Add red, white and blue sprinkles to the top.
7. Prepare a white cake mix according to package directions. Divide in half and add red food coloring to one half and blue to the other. Bake in two round cake pans. Frost with white icing and top with red, white and blue sprinkles.
8. Melt white candy melts in a bowl. Dip pretzel rods into the melted candy melts to cover about three-fourths of the pretzel. Lay on foil and allow to dry. Once dry, melt the blue candy melts and dip the pretzels just at the end. Melt red candy melts and use a plastic storage bag with the end cut off to make lines on the remaining white section. Add star-shaped sprinkles to the blue area to create a flag.
9. Bake your favorite cupcakes and allow to cool. Divide a tub of cake frosting into three bowls. Leave one white, add red food coloring to one bowl and blue to the other. Frost. Arrange them on a platter in a flag shape. Add star-shaped sprinkles to the blue cupcakes, if desired.
10. Now for the easiest dessert of all! Serve red, white and blue frozen treats. What could be quicker and more refreshing on Memorial Day or July 4th?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You
13x9-inch Baking Pan $6 & Up
Cake Mixes $1 & Up
White Cake Frosting $2 & Up
Food Coloring $3 & Up
Individual Dessert Cups $5 & Up
Patriotic M&Ms $7 & Up
Popcorn $3 & Up
Pre-popped Popcorn $3 & Up
Brownie Mix $1 & Up
Chocolate Cake Mix $1 & Up
Round Baking Dish $6 & Up
Square Baking Dish $6 & Up
White Serving Platters $6 & Up
Patriotic Cupcake Liners $3 & Up
Red, White and Blue Sprinkles $4 & Up
White Candy Melts $4 & Up
Blue Candy Melts $7 & Up
Red Candy Melts $7 & Up
Pretzel Rods $3 & Up
Star Sprinkles $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.