Quick & Easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas Recipe Cooks in About 10 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Who says fajitas are only for the weekends? This easy chicken fajita skillet recipe is cooked on your stove top. Quick, easy and delicious! No grilled to heat up and you can stay inside where it's nice and warm.
Boneless chicken breast is cut into thin slices and then marinated in a mixture of chopped fresh cilantro, olive oil, dried oregano, chili powder, garlic powder and ground cumin for about 30 minutes (longer if you have the time). A sliced red and green bell pepper, onion and corn is cooked in a skillet and seasoned with chili powder and lime juice. The vegetables are removed to a plate so you can quickly cook the chicken in the same skillet. Add the vegetables back and you've got a winning skillet full of tender, juicy chicken fajitas.
Want to make this chicken recipe even easier? Use pre-seasoned chicken fajitas and skip the marinade. It's a time-saver if you just don't have the time. Serve these skillet chicken fajitas with flour or corn tortillas, guacamole or sliced avocado, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo or your favorite Mexican side dishes.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin, bite-sized slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add the peppers, corn, onion and chili powder. Cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the pan.
- To the same skillet, add the chicken. Cook over high heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the pepper mixture back to the skillet along with the lime juice. Heat through. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.