Easy Sweet Pea Hummus Recipe: A Dietitian Shares Her Healthy Sweet Pea, Mint & Garlic Hummus Dip Recipe by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
I adore sweet peas. So why not whip them into hummus? I was inspired to create this recipe after I attended a #30seconds Live event featuring Chefs Gale Gand and Jaime Laurita, where Chef Gale showed us how to make her yummy Pea and Garlic Dip.
If you have a bag of frozen peas on hand, this recipe is super simple, with only six ingredients. It makes for a flavorful appetizer or snack filled with fiber and protein.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 16 ounces frozen petite sweet peas, thawed
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 4 large mint leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds, ground in a small food processor or by hand with mortar and pestle
- 1 large dash sea salt
Here's how to make it:
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pulse to desired consistency.
- Serve as a spread on toast points or rice cakes, or as a dip with crackers, baby carrots or cucumbers. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week. It tastes even better after it sits for a bit, as the flavors blend together nicely.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.