Spooky Olive Pizzas Add the Taste of the Mediterranean to Halloween by 30Seconds Food
European table olives have become a gastronomic trend thanks to the versatility of formats and preparations capable of making a difference in the kitchen, even on Halloween. Table olives have many varieties: Manzanilla, Hojiblanca, Queen, stuffed with pimiento. They are a star food of the healthy Mediterranean diet that fit with the preparation of easy and appetizing dishes, capable of making a difference during a very special day for grownups and children. These chilling mini pizzas made with two favorite European olive varieties will delight young and old on Halloween.
- 3 ounces Manzanilla olives
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- melting cheese (mozzarella)
- tomato paste
- extra virgin olive oil
Here’s how to make them:
- Cut some of the olives into slices and leave some whole.
- In a bowl, add the flour reserving a couple of tablespoons to fatten and handle the dough at the end. Make a volcano and mix the water with the dissolved yeast. Mix with the help of a wooden spoon.
- As the dough is bounding, incorporate the olive oil and the salt. Then, start hand kneading. On the kitchen table, sprinkle some flour and knead for 10 minutes, stretching and making braids and putting them together again. This helps the dough to be homogeneous. If necessary, add a little more flour, the dough should not stick to the hands, but it shouldn't leave a trace of flour either. Let stand for 1 hour, wetting the surface with a little olive oil, so that the dough does not dry.
- Once the dough is fermented, make small balls and crush them with your hand. Also, stretch the whole dough and cut with a cooking ring.
- Add a little tomato paste and use different toppings. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes, until the cheese melts.
This video is longer than 30 seconds, but we think it's worth it.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.