Who can resist a hot, sticky chicken drumstick? Not me! Serve as an appetizer or with rice and a vegetable for a complete dinner.
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet Asian chile sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1- to 2-inch knob fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped fine (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup toasted black and white sesame seeds, for garnish
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix the oil with the five-spice powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss. Arrange the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Roast for about 35 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through to 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- While chicken is baking, in a standing blender or food processor, combine the hoisin sauce, chile sauce, rice vinegar, broth, ginger, garlic and sesame oil. Puree until very smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened, 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken legs to a bowl and toss with the warm sauce until completely coated. Place on a new lightly prepared foil-lined baking sheet and broil 6 - 8 inches from the heat, brushing with the sauce and turning occasionally, until glazed and sticky. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro. Serve.
Photo: Alaska Cooks
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Sweet Asian Chile Sauce $4 & Up
Chinese Five Spice $3 & Up
Unseasoned Rice Wine Vinegar $4 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.