Sweet & Sticky Baked Asian Chicken Recipe Is a Winner (Chef Approved) Chicken Dinner by Chef Gigi
Who can resist a hot, sticky chicken drumstick? Not me! This sweet and sticky chicken recipe is loaded with Asian flavor you'll be craving for days.
The chicken legs are seasoned with five-spice powder, salt and pepper before being baked until cooked through. While the chicken bakes, make the sauce by blending the hoisin sauce, chile sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chicken broth, fresh ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a blender. Pour the sauce into a saucepot and gently simmer for about five minutes or until it thickens up. Toss the cooked chicken drumsticks with the sauce and bake until rich and sticky. Yum!
If you don't like chicken legs, try this recipe with chicken thighs, chicken wings or chicken breasts. Keep in mind that this will affect cooking time. Serve this easy chicken drumsticks recipe as an appetizer or with rice and a vegetable for a complete dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet Asian chile sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1- to 2-inch piece fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, mix the oil with the five-spice powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss. Arrange the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Roast for about 35 minutes in a preheated 400-degree F oven, turning occasionally, until cooked through to 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- While chicken is baking, in a standing blender or food processor, combine the hoisin sauce, chile sauce, rice vinegar, broth, ginger, garlic and sesame oil. Puree until very smooth. Transfer to a saucepan and simmer until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken legs to a bowl and toss with the warm sauce until completely coated. Place on a new lightly prepared foil-lined baking sheet and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat, brushing with the sauce and turning occasionally, until glazed and sticky. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hoisin Sauce $3 & Up
Sweet Asian Chile Sauce $4 & Up
Chinese Five Spice $3 & Up
Unseasoned Rice Wine Vinegar $4 & Up
Sesame Seeds $3 & Up
Sesame Oil $4 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.