How to Make Baked Parmesan & Broccoli Creamed Chicken Casserole by Chef Gigi Gaggero
I love this chicken casserole recipe because it’s fast, cheap and easy. My family loves it because it’s delicious! Serve it family style!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 dozen brown cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a medium-sized Dutch oven or an 11x8x2-inch glass baking dish, add the chicken, mushrooms garlic, onion, broccoli and rice.
- Combine additional ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together well. Pour over the chicken and season again with salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with additional cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour in a preheated 350-degree F or until the chicken is cooked through to 160 degrees F degrees internal temperature and the rice is tender. Remove the foil the last 15 minutes of cooking to brown the top. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Photo: Amy Wilder