Spaghetti With Creamy Avocado Basil Pesto Is an Unexpected Way to Use Avocados by Donna John
Meat-eaters and vegans both cleaned their plates when this easy spaghetti with avocado basil pesto recipe was served for dinner. If would be the world's easiest meal if noodles learned how to cook themselves. (One day?) Serve as a main course with a salad or as a side dish. Add a few shakes of red pepper flakes if you like things a little spicy.
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti noodles
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles cook, put the remaining ingredients into a blender. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the noodles, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add the avocado mixture to the hot noodles and mix well. If it's too thick, add a little of the pasta cooking water. Taste and reseason with salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve.