Lose Your Noodles: How to Make Fresh Basil & Kale Pesto "Zoodles" by Gigi Gaggero
Some think I’ve lost my noodle because I put kale in my zoodles. I’ll let you be the judge.
- zoodles (learn more about zoodles)
- 10 leaves fresh curly kale, stems removed
- 20 fresh roasted almonds
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil in a liquid state
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese (omit for vegan option)
- 1 bunch basil leaves, stems removed
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. While waiting for water to boil, set a mixing bowl in the sink with a few cups of ice. Fill with cold water and leave inside the sink.
- After removing the thick central stalk from the kale leaves, plunge the kale into the boiling water. Boil the leaves for about 2 minutes, quickly drain and plunge into the cold water to stop the cooking process. Remove from ice bath and drain again, on paper towels. Blot away any additional moisture.
- In a food processor, add the blanched kale, garlic, nuts, Parmesan, if using, and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and continue to pulse until the kale pesto reaches the desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings or add more extra virgin olive oil, if necessary.
- Toss with zoodles and serve immediately.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vegetable Spiralizers $10 & Up
Spiralizer Cookbooks $4 & Up
Almonds $4 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Coconut Oil $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.