This Chickpea & Grilled Corn Rainbow Salad Tastes As Good As It Looks! by Amy Miller
It finally feels like spring and that means it's grilling time! If you’re looking for an easy, healthy side dish for your next barbecue, this is it! This chickpea and corn salad is super fresh and light with a beautiful rainbow of colors to brighten up any meal. Want to add an extra special touch? Toss in some feta, goat cheese or avocado just before serving.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 3 ears of corn, husked
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Here’s how to make it:
- Wrap corn in aluminum foil. Place on the grill on medium-high heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Unwrap and cool.
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas, peppers, cucumbers, onions, corn, chives and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, juice and zest the lime. Add the vinegar and whisk in the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add half of the dressing to the salad and mix. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 1 hour). Mix well. Add additional dressing, salt and pepper as needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.