The Conners' Loose Meat Sandwiches: Take a Trip Back to the '90s With This Recipe by Donna John
"The Conners" recently debuted on ABC! I won't get into why "Roseanne" was cancelled, but during the show's fifth season, Roseanne and her sister, Jackie, opened the Lanford Lunch Box and served their famous loose meat sandwiches.
During that season, I cut out a recipe for Roseanne's loose meat sandwiches from a local magazine and started making them for my kids. On nights when we had karate, baseball practice, acting lessons, gymnastics and Girl Scouts, this recipe was a lifesaver – quick and kid-friendly. This sandwich is about to find its way back into the recipe rotation again. Can't wait to see what the Conners are up to tonight!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 an envelope of dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- hamburger buns
- toppings: cheese, chopped onion, pickles, ketchup, mustard
Here's how to make it:
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef until almost brown.
- Add the onion soup mix and water. Cover and continue to cook until meat is done and water has evaporated.
- Serve on hamburger buns with optional toppings.
Photo: The recipe I cut out of a magazine back in the early '90s
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
"Roseanne" DVDs $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.