Italian Sausage & Pineapple Pizza: You'll Be All for Pineapple on Pizza After You Try This Recipe! by 30Seconds Food
The National Today data science team surveyed 1,000 people about their pizza-eating habits for National Pizza Day. Can you believe only 34 percent like pineapple on their pizza? After they try it paired with Italian sausage and the much-loved ranch dressing, those numbers may change.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits or 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh, chopped basil
- ranch dressing (try one of these homemade ranch dressing recipes)
Here’s how to make it:
- Press out the pizza crust on a pizza stone or baking pan.
- Cook the Italian sausage in a skillet until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Spread desired amount of pizza sauce on crust.
- Top with pineapple, cooked sausage, mozzarella cheese and basil.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is crisp and topping is melted and bubbly.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing before serving.