Leftover Mashed Potato Recipe Ideas: How to Spruce Up Those Leftover Mashed Potatoes! by Samantha Martin
If you have mashed potatoes and want to dress them up a bit, try this recipe to give those spuds a makeover.
- red onion
- garlic cloves
- olive oil
- vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti)
- salt and pepper, to taste (amounts will have to be based off of how much mashed potatoes are leftover, the discretion is yours)
Here's how to make them:
- Cut up your onion, mince your garlic and prep your basil. Combine with olive oil in a sauté pan with the spinach. Cook for about 5 minutes to cook and soften. Remove from heat and blend together until smooth.
- Heat up your leftover mashed potatoes and whip in the sour cream.
- Add the blended spinach and basil mixture and continue whipping until blended together.