Leftover Turkey Pho Gà Recipe: A Fun & Easy Twist on Vietnamese Pho by Chef Gigi
This easy turkey pho recipe is a great way to use up leftover turkey from the holidays. With turkey, ginger, chicken stock and rice noodles, is savory, flavorful, filling and really easy to make. If you don't have turkey, use chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound cooked turkey, about 4 cups, shredded
- 6 whole scallions
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- fish sauce, for seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried rice vermicelli, cooked to package directions
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch Thai basil sprigs
- 4 cups mung bean sprouts
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- 4 jalapeños, stemmed and thinly sliced into rings
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large heavy-bottomed stock pot on high heat combine the scallions ginger, stock and fish sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 35 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add additional fish sauce to season.
- Add turkey. Turn off heat and set aside. (Do not serve the cooked scallions and ginger from this pot.)
- Prepare the soups garnish and arrange the basil, mung sprouts, lime wedges and jalapeño slices on a serving platter.
- Divide the prepared rice noodles evenly among warmed soup bowls. Top each bowl with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the shredded turkey, then divide the chopped scallions and chopped cilantro evenly among the bowls.
- Ladle the hot stock over the top, dividing it evenly. Serve immediately, accompanied with the platter of garnishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pho Bowls $6 & Up
Pho Cookbooks $3 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Fish Sauce $3 & Up
Dried Rice Vermicelli $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.