Sweet Potato Pudding: No One Will Miss the Butter or Eggs in This Vegan Recipe by 30Seconds Food
"Grandma Vroon always brings her Festive Sweet Potatoes' to Thanksgiving, and they are one of the first foods to be scarfed down," said Veronica Bosgraaf, founder of healthy snack brand Pure Organic and author the cookbook, Pure Food. "Rich and delicious, like a gourmet pudding, they are the hit of the meal. But the recipe is laden with sugar, butter and eggs galore, and so, to keep it on my holiday table, I had to make some adjustments. Here is my remake of Grandma’s yummy dish. No one even notices the difference!"
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond milk, homemade or store bought
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce each potato several times with a fork and put them all on the rimmed baking sheet. Bake until a knife easily passes through them, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half and either pinch off the skins or scoop the flesh out with a spoon. Put the sweet potato flesh in the bowl of a food processor and add the tofu, honey, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Blend until smooth (you may have to do this in two batches). Spoon the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- For the topping, in a small bowl combine the brown sugar, coconut, pecans, and oil. Spread or sprinkle the topping over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through, about 30 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes $2 & Up
Pecans $5 & Up
Firm Tofu $2 & Up
Honey $4 & Up
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.