Homemade Cream of Broccoli Soup: A Comforting Way to Eat Your Veggies by 30Seconds Food
Creamy and vitamin packed, this homemade cream of broccoli soup hits the spot on a cold day. Vegan? Use vegetable broth and almond milk. It's M' mm M 'mm good.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 heavy cream, milk or nut milk
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion, celery, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, cauliflower florets, 7 cups of the broccoli florets and broth. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, process until smooth.
- Add the remaining broccoli that’s been chopped very fine and the milk. Bring to a simmer to heat through. Serve.
Immersion Blenders $21 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.