This Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Puts Canned Soup to Shame by 30Seconds Food
Put that can opener back in the drawer – but grab the immersion blender! This silky smooth cream of mushroom soup recipe is full of mushroom flavor and ready in under 30 minutes. Want even more mushrooms? Roast or sauté additional mushrooms to use as a garnish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until soft.
- In a bowl, combine the broth and flour until smooth. Pour into the mushroom-onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until thick, about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the half-and-half. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until almost smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: