How to Make Cheesy German Spaetzle in Less Than 40 Minutes by 30Seconds Food
Italians love their pasta and Germans love their spaetzle. Have you tried it? Spaetzle is the perfect resting place for roasted meats or as a side dish, like this easy recipe. So good!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- flat-leaf parsley or sage leaves
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and half of the cheese. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk and eggs. Gradually combine until a dough forms. Let it rest 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Place a colander with large holes over the pot of water. Put the dough in the colander and push it through the holes using a spatula or spoon into the water. Do this in batches.
- Cook each batch of spaetzle for about 3-4 minutes, or until they float. Remove each batch to a large bowl of cold water.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the drained spaetzle and cook, stirring, until they begin to lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining cheese and sprinkle with parsley or sage.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.