This Easy Cool & Creamy Tzatziki Sauce Recipe Will Be Your New BFF by Chef Gigi
Tzatziki (taet-zeek-key) is a sauce or dip made with a combination of cucumber, fresh yogurt, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice or vinegar and fresh herbs. Cool tzatziki is so delicious and refreshing! And it's really versatile.
Use this easy tzatziki sauce recipe on everything – from a dip for raw vegetables or pita bread to a salad dressing or side for grilled beef, pork, lamb or chicken. Store the prepared tzatziki in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You could add chopped fresh parsley in addition to the fresh dill.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber, unpeeled, grated and set to drain (or rush the process by tossing in 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1 1/2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 - 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
Here’s how to make it:
- Squeeze excess liquid from cucumber and wash off salt residue. Squeeze dry using a clean kitchen towel.
- Add prepared cucumber to a small bowl and combine with the yogurt, garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt and white pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or as long as you can.
- Remove from refrigerator and add chopped fresh dill to the mixture. Stir to combine. Check and adjust seasoning.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.