This Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe Can Be a Naughty! Wanna Know Why? by 30Seconds Food
a year ago
This vanilla sponge cake recipe is the only one you'll ever need. Top it with fruit, frosting, whipped cream, fruit compotes, cinnamon-sugar, chocolate ganache – or leave it naked. Yep, it loves to be naked.
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the eggs in a mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for about a minute.
- Slowly add the sugar, a little at a time, and continue mixing on high speed for about 9 minutes, or until thick and fluffy.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking power. With a spatula, gently fold the flour into the egg mixture a little at a time. Fold in the vanilla.
- Pour the batter into two round cake pans that have been lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 minutes, or until top is golden brown.