Homemade Vanilla Pudding: Get Back to the Basics With This Easy Pudding Recipe by Donna John
Often, we search for that elaborate dessert to get oohhs and aahhhs. But sometimes it's the simplest things in life that we enjoy the most. Like vanilla pudding.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
- Heat the milk in a heavy sauce pot until the edges just begin to bubble.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the milk and stir to dissolve.
- Cook until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not let it come to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.