One-Pot Meals: How to Make Easy Chicken With Apples, Onions & Garlic! by Donna John
Fruit pairs so well with poultry and pork. In this one-pot recipe, apples, garlic and onions team up with chicken to create an easy, hearty meal. The apple jelly glaze is optional, but adds even more sweetness and makes the chicken shine.
- 6 - 8 bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 2 apples, cut in wedges
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- fresh thyme or rosemary, chopped
- apple jelly (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Put the chicken in an ovenproof skillet or baking pan (cast iron works well). Top with the apples, onions and garlic.
- Pour the wine or chicken broth and apple cider over the top. Sprinkle with chopped thyme and/or rosemary.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven about 40-45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. If desired, brush the chicken with a little apple jelly during the last 20 minutes of baking.
Note: You could use boneless chicken, just reduce the cooking time.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: