Homemade Biscuits: How to Make Easy 3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits! by Donna John
What is better than butter melting into a piping hot, fresh-out-of-the-oven biscuit? Not much.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Here's how you make them:
- Measure the flour into a large bowl. Add shortening and cut in with a pastry blender or two forks.
- Pour in buttermilk and stir to gently combine. Do not over mix!
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Pat into a 1/2-inch disc. Cut biscuits out using a biscuit cutter or round, drinking glass.
- Place biscuits onto a baking sheet that’s been coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray, or you can use a cast iron skillet. Leave about 1 inch between each biscuit.
- Bake in a preheated 475-degree oven for about 10-12 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.