Biscuits & Gravy Recipe: A Southern Sausage Gravy Recipe for Those Fluffy Biscuits by Donna John
Down south, if someone says they want a “big breakfast,” it will most likely include biscuits and gravy. It’s definitely not the healthiest breakfast choice, but occasionally everyone needs a little biscuits and gravy.
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sauce (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet until brown, breaking it up as it cooks. Remove sausage to a bowl and leave the grease in the skillet (you knew that was coming!).
- Add the flour to the grease and whisk to make a roux. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes. (If your sausage didn't have much grease, add a little oil to the pan to make 2 tablespoons.)
- Whisk in milk and cream. Cook until bubbly and thick. Season with lots of black pepper and some salt.
- Add sausage back to the skillet and stir to combine. Serve over fresh-baked biscuits. (You can used frozen, canned or try my homemade biscuit recipe.)
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.