How to Make Amazing Cole Slaw Just Like You Know Who Used To! by Donna John
It was a sad day when a certain establishment (hint: it's closed on Sunday) took cole slaw off the menu. Luckily, they shared the much-loved recipe with the world. And luckily, it’s just as good – and you can make it any day you like, including Sunday!
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) angel hair shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrots
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Here’s how you make it:
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the mayonnaise.
- Add the shredded cabbage and carrots. Mix well.
- Pop in the fridge until ready to serve.
Notes: I pour the cabbage out onto a cutting board and run a knife through it to get it really fine. I also add some black pepper.