Best Wine & Cheese Boards: How to Make a Mind-blowing Charcuterie Board in 6 Steps by Donna John
Yes, it’s hard to say, but a charcuterie board (shar-kood-eree) is an explosion of flavors and a must for your holiday gathering, a wine party – or any get-together, actually. You don’t need to pronounce it right, but you need to make it right!
Not sure how to make the best wine and cheese board? No worries, I've got you. I'm going to show you how to make a mind-blowing charcuterie board in just six steps.
Here are the six key ingredients you’ll need to make the perfect charcuterie board:
- Cured and dried meats – The meats are the stars of the plate. Think cured ham, salami, pancetta, prosciutto, sopressata, dry chorizo, capocollo, mortadella.
- Salty sides – Pickles, like gherkins, black olives and green olives, pepperoncini and even pickled vegetables add the much-needed brininess to the plate. Nuts (Marcona almonds are a favorite) can add some crunch and saltiness.
- Bread and/or crackers – While not required, no one has ever been offended when offered bread. Slice up a freshly baked baguette and put out unseasoned crackers (remember, the meat needs to shine here, not the crackers).
- Spreads – Mustard, pate, tapenade and hummus are good condiment options that pair well with the bread and meats. You could also add a sweet element with fruit preserves like pear, fig or apricot.
- Cheeses – No, this isn’t a meat and cheese platter, but who doesn’t love a bite of cheese, especially if wine is involved. Chevre (goat cheese), burrata, aged provolone, Brie, Gruyere, Gouda, blue cheese and a chunk of aged Parmesan or Grana Padano won’t be frowned upon.
- Fruits – Again, not required, but dried fruit works especially well (dates, golden raisins, figs). Want something refreshing? Add a bunch of red, green or purple grapes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Charcuterie Boards $19 & Up
Wine Glasses $9 & Up
Pepperoncini $3 & Up
Gherkins $3 & Up
Black Olives $2 & Up
Green Olives $3 & Up
Tapenade $4 & Up
Mustard $1 & Up
Crackers $3 & Up
Dried Fruits $3 & Up
Pickled Vegetables $4 & Up
Fruit Preserves $3 & Up
Pate $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.