Grandma's 30-Minute Chicken & Dumplings Recipe Is Taste Tested & Approved by Kimberly Johnson
I know I've struck gold with a recipe when it gets my grandma's seal of approval! Try this creamy chicken and dumplings recipe on your family tonight. So good!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 6 - 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken, cooked
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, to taste. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- Heavily flour a work surface. Roll dough out thin with a rolling pin and cut into 2x2-inch squares with a pizza cutter or floured knife.
- Bring broth to a boil. Drop dumplings in one at a time, stirring as you add. Cook about 15 to 20 minutes until they are no longer doughy.
- Add cooked chicken. Season with black pepper, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pastry Blenders $5 - $16
Pizza Cutters $5 - $22
Rolling Pins $4 - $25
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.