Say No to Tough Chicken: Here's a Foolproof Way to Cook It! by Dr. Jamie Krenn
Cooking chicken can be tough – both in method and texture! One way to save your dinner is to use the saute pan/oven method. Here's how you do it:
- Rest the chicken on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
- Salt and pepper chicken liberally on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large oven-proof saute pan.
- Put in 2-3 breasts depending on the size of the pan.
- Sear on one side for 4 minutes until it can easily be flipped.
- Turn off burner. Move the pan to oven for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing.