Best Spring Asparagus Recipe: This Easy Oven-Roasted Asparagus Recipe Dazzles With Garlic, Lemon & Almonds by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Spring means asparagus, and if you're an asparagus lover, you are going to eat up this dazzling asparagus recipe. Welcome the season with this easy oven-roasted asparagus that's dressed in a zesty coating of olive oil, garlic, lemon and almonds. It's simply the best.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears, cleaned and tough ends snapped off
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, cleaned and smashed
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 - 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
Here’s how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place asparagus and garlic in a large baking pan. Drizzle with oil, lemon juice and thyme leaves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Remove from pan and lay single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is crispy and tender, rolling once halfway through roasting. Remove from oven and toss with toasted almond slivers and lemon zest. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with my homemade mayonnaise recipe.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Slivered Almonds $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.