Fun Mardi Gras Cupcakes: Celebrate Fat Tuesday With This Easy Mardi Gras Cupcake Recipe by Donna John
Between throwing beads and sipping on your beverage, hand your guests a festive Mardi Gras cupcake. This cupcake recipe is super easy to make! They are a fun and colorful addition to any Fat Tuesday celebration.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 box cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- white baking liners
- 2 tubs white icing
- food coloring
- Mardi Gras cupcake picks
- 3 cake decorating bags and decorating tips or plastic storage bags with the tips cut off
Here’s how you make it:
- Make the cake flavor of your choice by following the directions on the package and baking in white cupcake liners. Allow them to cool completely.
- Divide the frosting between three bowls. Using the food coloring, color one yellow, one green and one blue (or purple).
- Fill your decorating bags or plastic bags and pipe the icing onto the cupcakes.
- Top each cupcake with a festive Mardi Gras cupcake pick . If you don’t have any, you could leave plain or use colored sugar or sprinkles.
- Arrange on a platter and throw some Mardi Gras beads around them.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mardi Gras Cupcake Toppers $4 & Up
Mardi Gras Beads $4 & Up
Mardi Gras Decorations $5 & Up
White Icing $2 & Up
Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Decorating Bags $4 & Up
Food Coloring $2 & Up
White Baking Liners $4 & Up
Cake Decorating Tips $6 & Up
Food Storage Bags $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.