Bread Pudding Recipe: How to Make Brioche Bread Pudding With Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce by Gigi Gaggero
Ahhhh, bourbon and brioche. Two of my favorite things!
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1 1/2-pound loaf Brioche, torn into 1- to 2-inch chunks or cut into cubes (allow to stale overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk or substitute
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or substitute
- 4 large eggs or substitute
- 1 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 - 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce
Here’s how you make it:
- Heat bourbon in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until warm. Pour the warmed bourbon over currants in a small bowl. Allow currants to reconstitute and plump, a minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
- Add stale brioche pieces to a large mixing bowl and set aside. In an additional medium-sized bowl, combine cream, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and allspice. With a wire whisk, beat well to combine.
- Pour into bread mixture. Add reconstituted currents and any remaining soaking liquid. Add the nuts. Combine and mix into the bread well without compromising the shape of the cubes.
- Place the bread and egg mixture into a buttered 13x9-inch baking dish and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator for best results, or a minimum of an hour on the counter.
- Bring to room temperature and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven until bread is browned around edges and custard is cooked, about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream and warm bourbon butterscotch sauce.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Coconut Sugar $4 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Ground Allspice $4 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.