Save Time & Mess By Making the Easiest Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever! by Kathy Widenhouse
9 months ago
Just three ingredients? Making cut-out sugar cookies cannot get any simpler.
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Easy Royal Icing (get recipe here)
- colored sugar and sprinkles (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Cream butter with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, a bit at a time, until well blended. Add flour to butter mixture gradually. Beat until well blended. Divide dough in half. Wrap both halves in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set one half of the cookie dough on a cutting board surface. Cover the dough with a piece of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough until 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut cookies with cookie cutters. With a spatula, remove cookies from the rolling surface and place them on the prepared baking sheets 1 inch apart. Rework unused scraps together to form a new ball, roll out, and cut more cookies until all dough is cut into cookies. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugar crystals or decorations (if you are not planning to frost them).
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies for 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost undecorated cookies with Easy Royal Icing and decorate with colored sugar or sprinkles. Store cookies in an airtight container with waxed paper in between layers.
Get more tips on making these easy sugar cookies here!
This Wilton sprinkles bundle includes 3 easy to store products: Wilton Rainbow Nonpariels Sprinkles, Wilton Micro Spring Mix Sprinkles and Wilton Jumbo Daisies Margaritas Sprinkles.
Rainbow colored sprinkles are a favorite of kids of any age. Perfect for decorating and baking.
Sturdy steel wires allow airflow while securely holding small or large items.
Shapes for Valentine's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, Christmas, even Super Bowl Sunday; complete alphabet for fun cookie messages.
This rolling pin is made from durable, moisture-resistant hardwood.
Nonstick and even heat transfer that ensures perfectly baked cookies with golden brown bottoms. Set of 3.