Most-Requested 20-Minute Southern Corn Casserole Recipe by Donna John
When corn and bacon meet cream cheese, magic happens. This is one of my favorite vegetable casserole recipes to serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas. This creamy southern corn casserole recipe is one of my most requested side dish recipes.
To make this creamy corn casserole you will need bacon, frozen corn, onion, a red bell pepper, green onions, cream cheese and half and half. The bacon is cooked crisp, then the vegetables are softened in the bacon fat (flavor!). Add the cream cheese and half and half, season with salt and black pepper, and the vegetable casserole is ready to be served.
Serve this easy corn casserole as a side dish for dinner with chicken, pork, beef, lamb or that holiday ham or turkey.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 small bags frozen corn (about 4 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 a red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 - 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Dishes
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Le Creuset Cookware
- This easy confetti corn casserole recipe can easily be doubled for larger families.
- I love red bell pepper, so sometimes I add the whole thing depending on how big it is.
- When I double this recipe, I do not double the amount of bacon.
- You can substitute evaporated milk for the half and half.
- If you make this ahead of time, add a little more half and half to loosen it up before serving.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper and green onions to the bacon drippings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn, cream cheese and half and half. Cook until everything is melted and combined. Season with lots of black pepper and salt, to taste.
- Pour into a serving dish and sprinkle the top with the bacon. You can also stir some of the bacon into the corn, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.5g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 14.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2.2g
Total Sugars: 3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.