Easy Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars Recipe: You Won't Believe the Secret Ingredient by Beth Aldrich, CHC, AADP, CNT
The best treats and snacks are those that can offer fiber, protein and good carbs. Take one bit of these blondie chocolate chip bars and you'll never scream white flour again.
This easy gluten-free cookie bar recipe uses chickpeas and other wholesome ingredients instead of white flour. They can easily be made dairy-free as well by using vegan chocolate chips.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas (1 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
Here's how to make it:
- Blend all ingredients except chips until very smooth in a food processor (not a blender). Mix in chips.
- Scoop into a greased or aluminum foil-lined 8×8-inch pan. Sprinkle top with some chocolate chips.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes. They might look a little under-cooked when you take them out of the oven, but they firm up as they cool – you don’t want them to get too hard.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chickpeas $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Coconut Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Ground Flax $5 & Up
Peanut Butter $2 & Up
Almond Butter $4 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips $4 & Up
Dairy-free Chocolate Chips $4 & Up
8x8-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.