Pumpkin Spice Muffins: How to Make This Autumn Family Favorite! by Tiffany C
Pumpkin spice muffins are my favorite things this season – and a hit with my family!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice (I used Penzey's pumpkin spice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree (I used the 365 Whole Foods brand)
- 1/2 cup granulated organic sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Here’s how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs, then vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture until there are no lumps.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes about 18 muffins.
Good at room temperature or even slightly chilled! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
A sweet and spicy addition to all kinds of baked goods.