Steakhouse Baked Creamed Spinach Recipe Is the Best Holiday Side Dish by 30Seconds Food
Think you can only get amazing creamed spinach at a steakhouse? Think again! With minimal, simple ingredients, this cheesy, creamy spinach casserole recipe can be made any day of the week at home. For us, Wednesday works, or Monday or Tuesday or...
How about creamed spinach for Christmas dinner? Baked creamed spinach is the perfect side dish for that roasted turkey or baked ham. And because it starts with frozen spinach, there's no washing and drying of fresh spinach like in some creamed spinach recipes.
If you're not cooking for a large group, or there's just the two of you, cut this spinach recipe in half. You can even freeze the leftovers to thaw out for another dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 5 boxes (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 - 1 cup grated white cheddar, yellow cheddar or Gruyere cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to lightly brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, about 1 minute. Pour in the cream and milk. Cook until thickened.
- Add the spinach and half of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish or into individual ramekins. Top with the remaining Parmesan and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly and beginning to brown on top.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ramekins $6 & Up
Casserole Baking Dish $7 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.