Taco Tuesday: How to Make Crunchy Black Bean Tacos (You Won’t Miss the Meat) by Donna John
The whole family will love these simple black bean tacos! Dinner is ready in under 20!
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6-8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- olive oil
- corn tortillas
- garnishes: sliced avocado or guacamole, sour cream, salsa
Here's how you make them:
- Combine the black beans, red onion, cumin, paprika, cilantro, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a bowl. Mash everything together (I like to leave it just a little chunky).
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Put 2-3 corn tortillas on the bottom (depending on the size of your pan). Add about 1/4 cup or so of the filling to one side of the tortillas. Top with some grated cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling to create the taco. Press gently with a spatula and cook until it gets really crispy, then flip and continue to cook until the other side is crispy. Serve with desired garnishes.
Note: Sometimes, for my meat-loving husband, I add a little taco-seasoned ground beef or turkey on top of the bean mixture.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.