20-Minute Crispy Black Bean Tacos Recipe: Better Than the Mexican Restaurant by Donna John
The whole family will love this simple black bean tacos recipe. This easy vegetarian taco recipe is ready in about 20 minutes. The corn tortillas are crisped up in a skillet, and complement the creamy, seasoned black bean filling. Perfect!
The black bean filling is made with black beans, red onion, ground cumin, paprika and cilantro. The ingredients are mashed slightly to combine. Top the corn tortilla with some of the bean mixture and some grated cheese, then crisp them up in a skillet. If you have a meat-lover in the family, you could add seasoned ground beef to the filling. I like to cook seasoned taco meat and keep it separate, then just spoon it onto the bean mixture. That way, I can make vegetarian tacos and meat tacos at the same time. Add your favorite taco toppings and you're done.
I've ordered tacos like these at Mexican restaurants, and I enjoy these more. Honest! Serve these crispy black bean tacos for lunch or dinner. Add a side of Spanish rice and some guacamole, and you have a complete dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- olive oil
- corn tortillas
- garnishes: sliced avocado or guacamole, sour cream, salsa
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the black beans, red onion, cumin, paprika, cilantro, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a bowl. Mash everything together (I like to leave it just a little chunky).
- Heat a little olive oil in a skillet. Put 2 to 3 corn tortillas on the bottom (depending on the size of your pan). Add about 1/4 cup or so of the filling to one side of the tortillas. Top with some grated cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over the filling to create the taco. Press gently with a spatula and cook until it gets really crispy, then flip and continue to cook until the other side is crispy. Serve with desired garnishes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Black Beans $1 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Corn Tortillas $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.