Grandma's 8-Minute Peanut Brittle Recipe Is What to Snack On by Judy Thow
Instead of peanuts, you could us almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, almonds or walnuts. Or how about a mixed nut brittle? Sounds pretty good!
Prep Time: 30 to 1 hour to cool
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour (approximately)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Here’s how you make it:
- Stir sugar and syrup together in 1 1/2-quart casserole. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts. Microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla to syrup, blending well. Microwave on high 1 minute. (Caution: syrup is very hot!)
- Add baking soda and gently stir until light and foamy. Quickly pour and spread mixture evenly on greased cookie sheet. Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When cool, break into small pieces. Store in airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.