Amish Cashew Crunch Recipe: This "Amish Crack" Cashew Candy Recipe Will Satisfy Those Sweet Cravings by 30Seconds Food
No one is quite sure how this cashew candy got started with the Amish, but it definitely is a favorite. Some even call it "Amish crack." With only four simple ingredients, this cashew crunch candy recipe is easy to make at home. We love this sweet Amish recipe!
Prep Time: 30 minutes to cool
Cook Time: 20 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 cups cashews, coarsely broken up
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup in a saucepot over low heat. Stir until melted and bring to a boil.
- Cook until it turns golden brown and is at 290 degrees F (soft crack stage) on a candy thermometer, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the cashews.
- Pour onto a buttered baking sheet. Allow it to cool completely, then break into pieces.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Granulated Sugar $2 & Up
Light Corn Syrup $2 & Up
Cashews $7 & Up
Amish Cookbooks $5 & Up
Candy Thermometers $6 & Up
Saucepots $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.