Sausage Mummies: The Perfect Guests for Your Halloween Dinner! by Donna John
Have some edible eyes leftover from all of your spooky treat making? Use them to make these fun sausage mummies for your Halloween dinner or party!
- 1 package sausage links or hot dogs
- 1 tube crescent rolls
Here’s how you make them:
- Unroll the crescent roll dough on a cutting board and seal perforations.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut thin strips of the dough.
- Wrap the dough around the sausage to create the mummy.
- Place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until dough is lightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and add eyes.
To make them even spookier, squirt ketchup on the mummies to look like blood. Don’t have edible eyes? You could use cheese and a dab of ketchup. Not a fan of hot dogs or sausage? Use three pre-cooked meatballs instead and serve with marinara sauce!