Creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Recipe: This Easy Squash Soup Recipe Is Dreamy by Erica Kane
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 butternut squash, roasted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet Vidalia onion
- nutmeg, to taste
- 2 boxes (32 ounces each) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Here’s how you make it:
- Slice squash in half lengthwise and scoop out all of the seeds. If you're ambitious (and I recommend it!), separate the seeds from the flesh, smother them in olive oil, salt, pepper and a bit of crushed red pepper, and toast them on the stove top. Set aside.
- Now poke the flesh of the squash with a fork (a la when you stab a potato before microwaving it). Coat the top of the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated 400-degree F oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until top of squash is slightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot (I always prefer my Le Creuset), sauté onions and garlic with the dried thyme until tender. Once the squash is cool enough, scoop everything out of the skin and place in pot with onion mixture. Pour in chicken stock, stir and raise heat. Allow the soup to come to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. I prefer to keep my soup cooking for a relatively long time, so I'd recommend at least an hour. Remove soup from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the contents of the soup. If you do not have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup in batches to a blender. Once mixed, finish off with the heavy cream.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Le Creuset Cookware $40 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Immersion Blenders $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.